I’m a no-nonsense content editor by day, and a writer, poet, and reader the rest of the time.
When I’m not working with words, I’m probably cooking something tasty or playing video games.
Words are my thing.
If I’m not working with them, I’m playing with them. I love writing, enjoy editing, and get as big of a kick out of buying books as I do reading them.
But here, you’ll find a bit about my professional life.
What I do
Global Copy Editor at Sage
(Dec 2021 – Present)
Reporting to the Global Content Editor, my day-to-day tasks include:
- Content planning and ideation
- Commissioning freelancers
- Assigning work/managing workflow for our in-house writers
- Stakeholder management
- Proofing and editing all types of content
- Producing long-form articles and e-books across our key verticals
- Crafting detailed briefs for design agencies to create a range of visual assets
- Planning and conducting interviews
- Leading on creating impactful, engaging social copy
- Assisting with Sage’s award-winning Sound Advice podcast, including identifying potential guests, reviewing audio and making editorial changes as required, and selecting snippets for promotion
Content Editor at Sage (Contract)
(Feb 2021 – Dec 2021)
I initially joined Sage on a three-month contract, which was extended multiple times to almost a year before I interviewed for and won a full-time position.
Content & Social Media Manager at Frank Recruitment Group
(Aug 2019 – Feb 2021)
I managed the company’s talent creation brand, Revolent Group, as well as four sub-brands. My key responsibilities included:
- Planning, writing, and scheduling content across multiple brands and channels
- Content localisation to suit different markets
- Mapping out our editorial calendar and coordinating content creation for case studies, blog posts, and PR opportunities
- Working with the marketing automation team to prepare and plan content across the customer journey
- Working with the design and PR teams as part of a wider digital strategy
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Social media advertising campaigns
- Monthly reporting on the social team’s performance using Google Analytics
- Live-tweeting industry events
- Proofing, editing, and providing feedback on any copy produced by the content and social teams
- Liaising with clients to produce detailed case studies for our website